Thursday, October 3, 2013

SOULFOOD by Bo - The Foolish & the Wise Exchange




The Foolish & the Wise Exchange

[Excerpts from Bo Sanchez’ Article, “Focus on your Ambition,Not your Addiction”]


The Foolish Exchange



Have you noticed?
We’re an illogical bunch.
At various times, we act like Esau…
Jacob and Esau were twin brothers.
But Esau was considered the eldest because he went out of the womb of his mother first.

          One day, Jacob was cooking some stew.
Esau arrived from hunting and was exhausted and hungry.  Esau said to Jacob, “I’m starved.  Give me some of your red stew.”
          Now Jacob said something absolutely nutty.  He said, “All right, but you’ve got to do one thing first.  Trade me your rights as the firstborn son.”  You get inkling on how jealous Jacob must have been towards his twin brother.

         But what was nuttier was Esau’s reaction.  He said, “Sure!  Now give me that red stew now.”
        Jacob said, “You’ve got to swear first that you’re giving me your birthright…”
“Yeah, yeah, yeah… whatever!  I swear!  Now give me that lentil soup…”.

       Now why would Esau exchange his birthright for a single bowl of red stew?
       Was his brain taking a vacation on that day?  Was it surfing in Camsur or gone shopping in Hongkong?  Didn’t Esau know what his birthright meant?  Being firstborn meant a position of privilege. 

Being firstborn meant great honor.  And yes, being firstborn meant a huge inheritance—where he can buy a swimming pool filled with red stew if he wanted.

       Why was he throwing all that for a bowl of red stew today?
       Friends, this is a great picture of what addiction is.

(By the way, I’m not saying Esau was addicted to red stew.  I’m merely using his story as an analogy.)



Wise Exchange, Anyone?




One day, a little girl named Jenny was with her mother in the grocery store.  She saw a toy pearl bracelet worth P20.  She became giddy with excitement and asked her mother to buy it for her.  “Are you sure you like it?” her mother asked.

“Yes, Mommy!  Please, please, please buy it for me!”
       So the mother bought the toy pearls for little Jenny.
       Jenny’s father, who loved her very much, read a bedtime story to Jenny each night.  One night, after reading to her, he asked her, “Jenny, do you love me?”
       “Of course I love you, Daddy,” she said.
       “Can you give me your pearl bracelet?” he asked.
       Little Jenny pouted.  “You can have my princess doll, Daddy, but not my pearl bracelet.  That’s my favorite.”
       Daddy smiled, “That’s okay Jenny, I love you.”  He kissed her good night.
       Seven days later, after another reading session, the father asked again, “Jenny, do you love me?’
       “Daddy, you know that I love you,” the little girl said.
       “Can you give me your pearl bracelet?” he smiled.
       “No Daddy, please.  You can have my brush, my violet pen, and my red hair band.  But not my pearl bracelet!”
       He chuckled.  “That’s okay, hon. I love you,” and kissed her goodnight.
       But a few days later, a teary-eyed Jenny came to her father and said, “Daddy, I love you very much,” and placed in his hand her toy pearl bracelet.

       Her father gave her a big hug and said, “I have a very special gift for you, little girl.”  He pulled out from his pocket a beautiful velvet case with gold lining.  He opened it, showing to her a genuine pearl bracelet. “This is yours.  No more toy pearl bracelet for you, my princess.  You deserve the real one.”

       Friends, this is the kind of wise exchange that God wants to give to us.
       Not foolish exchanges that the “Jacobs” and the “Red Stews” in our lives are offering to us.
       Instead, God wants to take what is cheap and fake in our lives (our addictions), so that He could give us something much, much better (our holy ambitions).

Give up your addiction.
Give up what is counterfeit.
Give up what destroys you.
Give up what pulls you away from God and life and happiness.

Like Jenny, you deserve better.

May your dreams come true,

Bo Sanchez

*************

Read the full article of Bo Sanchez, entitled “Focus on your Ambition, Not your Addiction”, Click here


Be inspired every day. Read all Bo Sanchez’ articles & blogs at bosanchez.ph


**********

P.S.1  Join Dizkarteng Noypi's private email list & receive latest investing articles & inspiring stories directly to your email. SUBSCRIBE NOW!  

P.S.2  Attend FREE Financial Literacy Seminar & 1-on-1 Coaching to be conducted by IMG-Truly Rich Maker team led by Bro. Bo Sanchez! to register, sign up HERE.    

P.S.3  Do you want to Gain Financial Wealth & Spiritual Abundance at the Same Time?  Join Us at the TrulyRich Club! I joined the TrulyRich Club. It was one of the best   decisions of my life. Founded by Bo Sanchez, its purpose is to "help good people   become rich".

Because of the guidance I get from the Club, through Stocks Update, I'm now investing in the Stock Market each month!  I'm inviting you to join the club too. If you're interested, visit the TrulyRich Club now! at www.TrulyRichClub.com

Madiskarte ka ba? Subscribe na!!!

Follow Us!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... popuparchitect.com